E-Align is CondAlign’s range of adhesive anisotropic conductive films. E-Align products are designed for application at room temperature with very low bonding pressure (<5 bar). E-Align does not require high temperature during bonding or any post processing in the form of heat curing or high pressure.
E-Align is well suited for bonding in the flexible, printed and hybrid electronics, where the components or substrates may be sensitive to high temperature or pressure.
E-Align is a high performance, robust and cost-efficient bonding film, simple to apply and with a reduced carbon footprint. It is ideal for IoT, organic, printed, flexible and hybrid electronics applications, as well as for EMI shielding/grounding.
E-Align is an enabler for new material– and component combinations that are challenging to bond with existing techniques.
CondAlign’s E-Align100 is suited for bonding and connecting Flex on Flex (FOF), Flex on Board (FOB), Chip on Flex (COF), as well as thin, flexible batteries in IoT products.
- Specific surface resistance measured with ring electrode with 5 mm distance between electrodes.
- Measured using 5 mm2 copper probe head. Resistance value includes copper to ACF contact resistance and ACF resistance. Performance must be tested on end user assembly substrate and in the assembly environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, application technique, etc.), in order to confirm the value indicated in the table.
- Minimum distance between two neighboring conductor pads, to ensure electrical isolation between those elements. CondAlign test method, microscopy-based and custom PCB.
- Minimum contact area between the pads and film, to ensure conductivity. CondAlign test method and custom PCB.
- ASTM D3330 standard, method F. Peeling of 25 mm wide sample performed at speed of 5 mm/s in “standard environment conditions’’ (23°C), sample dwell time 1 hour.
- E-Align can be slit, die cut and supplied in a range of sizes and form factors, on request from customers.
- End user application temperature range: -40 to +85°C.
- Shelf life: 18 months from date of manufacturing, in original packaging and in a controlled environment (21°C, 50% RH).
- Stated values are for guidance only. End user is advised to verify the performance for specific application.